Monday, April 25, 2011

We're back at the Ranch....

Good morning everyone! It has been so long since I've shared a story on the blog I think I may of forgotten how to blog! No, I'm just kidding about that, but I am sorry for the delay between adventures. I know I shared with you a few weeks ago about how ranchers don't get vacations. Well... we took one! Don't get me wrong, Shawn and I have gotten away for vacations before but his parents always stayed back on the ranch and vice-versa when they would head out of town. This week, however, we all left and it was even during calving season!

Shawn's brother got married this past weekend in Vegas, so we all took off for the city that never sleeps (and we didn't sleep much)! Thanks to our great friends and neighbors around the ranch we managed to get it arranged where we could all go see Jeff & Megan get married. It was a great getaway and a wonderful wedding. So blessed to welcome in a great sister-in-law to the family!

We got back home at 2 in the morning on Saturday night and went to Church yesterday with the kiddos. Shawn got up and checked the cows before we went to church but my tired, aching body stayed behind so I could catch up on some zzzz's (if only lil sister would have let me)!  We were all so worn out from our Vegas experience that we got home from church and napped. That's right, no Easter dinner! After our power naps, we went to check the other cows that are quite a jaunt from the home place. We hadn't seen the cows in five days and we wanted to count how many new babies arrived while we were gone. After we got done checking we came inside and proceded to lay around and rest some more! We actually had frozen pizza for dinner! I feel like a horrible wife and mommy today but i'm going to make up for it! New adventures will be coming soon. After our day of rest yesterday and the vacation this past weekend, we have a lot to catch up on around here!

Vegas was a fun time, but I'm so glad to be home with the kiddos. The enormous hotels, vast amounts of concrete, and never ending crowds of people is not really our style. We prefer the quiet countryside with horses, cows, gumbo mud and friendly neighbors. Have a great day everyone!


By the way, this picture is not from this year but it's getting closer and closer to flowers and gardening time up here! Can't wait to get started on the garden and flower beds this spring. Come on warmer weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment