1. The cold weather seems to turn me into a cooking fool! I can’t think of a thing that makes me want to make some cookies, pies, cakes, soups and freshly baked bread more than snowflakes flying.
2. Cold weather = shorter days for the cowboy unless something goes wrong (which invariably does) with the cows, horses, calves or equipment. Okay, scratch that thought after all.
3. Playing in the snow with the kids. Need I say more? We haven’t gotten enough snow to really speak of this year but I’m crossing my fingers that (after the 14th when we sell calves) we get a decent snowstorm to go take the kids sledding. I just hope the wind stays away!
4. The Holidays! I love Thanksgiving which was Little Man’s 4th Birthday this year, Little Sister’s birthday shortly after that, and there’s nothing as magical as Christmastime! New Year’s isn’t so popular in my book, I’m usually sick! :)
5. The NFR is on the t.v. I’m talking every night in our house involves huddling around the t.v and watching each round in anticipation. We’ve got two neighbors competing this year and so far they’re doing great! Good luck you guys!
6. Family time usually increases during this time of year for us. What are your favorite aspects of Winter?