Thursday, March 17, 2011

About Me.

Here I am, starting a blog about being a South Dakota ranch wife and my new photography hobby. I will say I never thought i’d see the day! I’ll add that I’m not the ranchiest, roughest, or toughest ranch wife around. I work in town. I learned from an early age that “behind every successful rancher is a wife who works in town”.  I work as a registered nurse in the local community hospital. It’s a tough job, but not nearly as demanding as my husband’s job description. He’s currently fixing a chore pickup in the shop, and I won’t pretend I know what he’s doing or how he’s doing it.

Being a nurse isn’t my only job, however. I am also a mother to two wonderful kiddos that my husband and I are blessed to have. I’m in charge of cooking and cleaning (which, let’s face it, most mom’s and wives are). I’m also not going to pretend that i’m the best chef in the west (though I am proud of some of my meals), or that I have the cleanest house in South Dakota (NOT EVEN CLOSE). We’ve got muddy ”Muck” boots in front of the door, dirty roping gloves on top of them and the dishes from lunch are still on the table. They’ll get washed before I go to bed though, don’t worry Grandma!

I’m not sure how often I’ll post here or exactly what all my posts will be about. I suppose i’ll write about the cattle, the horses, the dogs, the kids and the everyday adventures of living in the middle of nowhere.   I will also dedicate some of my posts to my new hobby, photography. I purchased my first DSLR camera, a Nikon D90, after graduating nursing school. I can’t wait to figure out how to use it to it’s full potential! I am taking a course in April and hopefully i’ll be closer to understanding all those blasted buttons.
I guess that’s enough about me for now. Welcome to the ranch and I hope you enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment