Thursday, March 24, 2011

Tribute to the Horses


I thought since calving is really starting to pick up I would give you guys a glimpse of a couple of our horses. During the winter, our horses get a bit of a break and by the time spring arrives they get used day in and day out. From March to November our horses are the most important mode of transportation on the ranch. Don't get me wrong, the horses are used during the winter months as well, but not near as much as now. By the time branding time arrives they'll all be in shape, and by the time branding time is over they'll all be wishing they were turned back out to pasture.  We recently got a new colt to add to the herd, and he has been getting a bit more riding than the rest. My husband says there's no better time than calving time to break a colt, and he has made it his mission to get him in tip top shape by summer time. It will be interesting to see how much time I get to spend in the saddle this year since we now have two kiddos instead of one, but I'm sure I'll still get my fair share. I sure hope so, anyways! Have a great day everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment